Il Palagio, the winery owned by world renowned singer Sting and his wife Trudie Styler, a film producer, director and human rights activist is launching a tasting tour that is aimed at meeting citizens of the world who enjoy food, wine and culture. Featuring wines named Sister Moon, When we Dance, Casino delle Vie, Beppe Rosato, Message in a Bottle White and Message in a Bottle Red, the first stop of the traveling caravan will be in Dusseldorf, Germany from March 19 to March 21 for the world’s leading trade fair for wines and spirits ProWein.
The traveling caravan is aimed to create an atmosphere that welcomes wine lovers from all over the world as they stop by to taste Il Palagio wines and learn more about the Tuscan estate and winery. The tour coincides with Sting’s European tour of 57th and 9th World Tour which will be held in cities like Hamburg, Zurich, Luxembourg, Brussels, London and Paris.
Ralf Hoegger, Il Palagio’s Sales and Distribution Manager (and Knower of All Things Palagio), is orchestrating the tour and will be aboard the caravan to welcome visitors at each stop along the tour. He will serve Il Palagio’s wines and offer samples of the estate’s olive oil and honey as well.
The Il Palagio Tasting Tour will begin its journey in Dusseldorf at ProWein on the 19th of March, and then depart on a European tour ending in Paris.
The scheduled cities and dates of The Il Palagio Tasting Tour are:
- March 19: Tastings in Dusseldorf at ProWein
- March 23-24: Tastings in Germany (cities to be announced at later date)
- March 25: Tasting in Hamburg, Germany prior to Sting¹s concert along his 57th & 9th World Tour
- March 26-29: Tastings in Hannover, Stuttgart, and Munich, Germany
- March 30: Tasting in Zurich, Switzerland prior to Sting’s concert along his 57th & 9th World Tour
- March 31: Tastings in Basel, Switzerland
- April 1: Tasting in Luxembourg prior to Sting’s concert along his 57th & 9th World Tour
- April 2: Tasting in Brussels, Belgium prior to Sting’s concert along his 57th & 9th World Tour
- April 3: Tasting in Belgium
- April 10: Tasting in London, England prior to Sting’s concert along his 57th & 9th World Tour
- April 12: Tasting in Paris, France prior to Sting’s concert along his 57th & 9th World Tour
Il Palagio is set above the picturesque Tuscan town of Figline Valdarno amid the rolling hills of the lush, fertile Tuscan countryside south of Florence. It has been the summer home for Sting and Trudie’s family for the last two decades, and the setting for many of their intimate parties, private concerts and anniversaries. The 900-acrea estate, its guesthouses, lakes, tennis courts, hiking trails, vineyards and olive groves, has been lovingly restored by Sting and Trudie, and is a vibrant and fully functioning organic farm and winery as well as an incomparable location to reserve for special occasions and memorable events, family holidays and corporate retreats.
Trudie Styler is a film producer, director, and human rights activist. She is an ambassador for UNICEF and has raised five million dollars for the programs worldwide. She is the co-founder of the nonprofit Rainforest Foundation and the production company Maven Pictures. She owns the Tuscan estate and winery Il Palagio with her husband, Sting. Styler just returned from the Berlin Film Festival for the world premiere of Freak Show, her feature-length directorial debut.
Sting, born Gordon Sumner, is a musician, singer, songwriter, and actor. He has received numerous accolades including sixteen Grammy Awards and four Academy Award nominations. He is also a well-known advocate for human and environmental rights. Sting’s support for organizations such as the Rainforest Fund, Amnesty International and Live Aid mirrors his art in its universal outreach. Along with his wife Trudie Styler, Sting founded the Rainforest Fund in 1989 to protect both the world’s rainforests and the indigenous people living there. Sting co-owns Il Palagio with his wife, Trudie Styler. He is currently on a critically acclaimed world tour in support of his latest album 57th & 9th.