The 2017 edition of the Salon du Chocolat kicked off on Thursday evening at Tour et Taxis with the traditional chocolate fashion show.
Chocolatiers joined forces with Belgian designers to create a number of spectacular outfits which were paraded by Belgian television and radio personalities.
Among the chocolatiers taking part this year were bean to bar chocolatier Benoit Nihant, Didier Smeets, Jean-Philippe Darcis, Joost Arijs, Laurent Gerbaud, Sigoji and Valentino (full list of designers and chocolatiers below)
Benoit Nihant used the ‘bean’ to dress concept to design the dress with Fabrice Bertrang. Nadia Flecha Guazo of Chokolate designed a splendid Mayan inspired chocolate outfit with chocolate lace and Mayan earrings, necklace and a sculpted in bas-relief with dark chocolate painted in green and gold edible dusts (see photos below).
The Salon du Chocolat is open this weekend and brings some of the best chocolatiers from Belgium. Among the chocolatiers, visitors to the Salon should not miss out on Benoit Nihant, the Cacao Tree, Didier Smeets, Joost Arijs, Van Dender and Sigoji.
The Chocolatier & Designer Pairings for the 2017 Chocolate Fashion Show:
- Belvas & Marie-Catherine
- Le Hodey and Lauranne De Jaegher
- Benoît Nihant & Fabrice Bertrang
- Choco-Story & La Maison Buissonnière
- Chocolaterie Bruyerre & Mélissa Martin Ciudad
- Coco Donuts & Ophélie Kresay-Lamousse and Margaux Petassoux (Haute École Francisco Ferrer)
- Didier Smeets & Maxime Edward
- Institut Émile Gryzon & Gohar Gabrielyan
- Jean-Luc Decluzeau, Master Chocolatier for Leonidas & Cassandra Allaire (École Esmod)
- Jean-Luc Decluzeau, Master Chocolatier for Leonidas & Namiko Seto (École Esmod)
- Jean-Philippe Darcis & Lauranne De Jaegher
- Joost Arijs & Pauline Lecrenier (Haute École Francisco Ferrer)
- Laurent Gerbaud & Patou Saint Germain
- Leonidas Nadia Flecha Guazo (Chokolate) & Loïc Pasteels (Haute École Francisco Ferrer)
- Neuhaus & Edouard Vermeulen from Maison Natan
- Pralibel & Sabrina Badami (Haute École Libre Mosane)
- Sigoji & Lara Van Ootegem and Janina Cremer (Haute École Libre Mosane)
- Valentino & Débora Velasquez
A number of events will be organised during the three days. These include pastry shows by chefs like Christophe Hardiquest, Éric Fernez, Yannick Van Aeken, Nicolas Decloedt and Isabelle Arpin as well as Fabrice Collignon and Didier Smeets among others.
A debate about wine and chocolate will be chaired by Jean Galler with the particiaption of Boris Beaucarne, Patrick Bottcher and Muriel Lombaerts. Matthieu Chaumont of Hortense will speak about Cocktails and Chocolate while Laurent Gerbaud, Jean Hummler, Patrick Bottcher and Boris Beaucarne will discuss matching beer and chocolate.
Tour & Taxis – Sheds 3 et 4 Avenue du Port 86c
1000 – Brussels
From Friday, 10th February through Sunday, 12th February 2017
Open from 10:00am to 7:00pm on Friday and Saturday / from 10:00am to 6:00pm on Sunday
Gala Evening: Thursday, 9th February at 7:00pm – upon invitation and on pre-sale 30€
Online ticketing service http://brussels.salon-du-chocolat.com
Adult: €8,50 on Friday / 10 € on Saturday and Sunday Children from 3 to 12 years old: €5
Free to children under 3 years old
Senior (from 60 years old): €8,50
Student (student card to be shown) : €8,50
Family pack (2 adults + 2 children from 3 to 12 years old) : €25