The fourth edition of the Flemish Food Bash, an event organised by chef Vincent Florizoone, returns at the end of this month at the Belgian beach resort of Koksijde.
The event, in its fourth edition, will be more Belgian than the previous event which attracted chefs from around Europe.
Florizoone, the organiser said the event promises to be an explosion of creativity where foodies are immersed in an amazing world of music, street art, tattoo culture and barber art.
The line up of chefs and cocktail masters have now been completed and includes some of the rising stars of Belgian cuisine including Brussels based Yannick Van Aeken and Alex Joseph, Matthias Speybrouk of Va e Vient. Two Michelin star chef Bart de Pooter has also confirmed his presence together with Dennis Broeckx and Laurent Smallegange among others.
Some 2,500 attendees are expected to take part in the event that starts at 12 noon.
The chefs that have confirmed their participation are:
- Dennis Broeckx – L’épicerie du Cirque * (Antwerp, BE)
- Yannick Van Aeken – Humphrey (Brussels, BE) and former Noma (Copenhagen, DK)
- Alex Joseph – Rouge Tomate (Brussels, BE)
- Vincent Florizoone – Brasserie Edison (Koksijde, BE)
- Nicolas Misera Wentein – Carcasse (Koksijde, BE)
- Willem Hiele – Willem Hiele Fine Dining (Koksijde, BE)
- Henry Buysse – Blend (Antwerp, BE)
- Laurent Smallegange – Spetters * (Breskens, NL)
- Bruno Timperman – Bistro Brute (Bruges, BE)
- Matthias Speybrouck – Va et Vient (Kortrijk, BE)
- Floris Panckoucke – Floris (Bruges, BE)
- Bart De Pooter – Pastorale ** (Rumst, BE)
- Broes Tavernier – ‘t Fifth Season (Aalter, BE)
- Pascal Rubben – ‘t Meulenhof (Oostvleteren, BE)
- Mathijs Debou & Ann-Sophie Vergauwe – Burning Butchers (BE)
- Cheeses and Frederic Michel Van Tricht (Antwerp, BE)
Sommelier Sepideh Sedaghatnia will be responsible for the wine and caviar selection.
The beer of Food Bash was compiled by the Duvel Moortgat NV with its Duvel, Vedett and some specialty beers that include Struise Brouwers, L’Arogante, d’Oude Maalderij, Hedonis, Totem, Vrijstaat Vanmol and Het Geuzegenootschap and In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst. The last one, Florizoone swears, is the “best cafe in the world”, of particular interest to those who love the lambic beers of Pajottenland.
The bartenders that have confirmed their participation are:
- Sofie Boilers – Sofie’s Living Room (Koksijde, BE)
- Jurgen Nobels – Uncle Babe’s, Ghent, BE)
- Paul Morel (Antwerp, BE)
- Kamiel Buysse – Blend (Antwerp, BE)
- Tom Zyankali (Berlin, DE)
- Erik Veldhuis – Gomez (Ghent, BE)
- Tom Neyens – Drifter (Ghent, BE)
- Frederik Nerinckx – Boury * (Roeselare, BE)
- Ben Belmans – Bijou (Antwerp, BE)
- Chi-ho Ta + Alberto Matallana – Dr. Rotterdam (Rotterdam, NL)
- Bolle Akotee – Café Akotee (De Haan, BE)
- Patrick America – Belmondo (Antwerp, BE)
- Sebastian Luna – Belmondo (Antwerp, BE)
- Marc Mathieux (BE)
- Roberto Curia (BE)
The Flemish Food Bash takes place on the beach in front of the Sofie’s Sunset bar. Entry is free, but registration is required.
28 August, from noon, Zeedijk, Koksijde