The Jane, the restaurant that has been in the news for the past two years because of its stunning design has made it to the 54th place of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list.
The restaurant, based in Antwerp is the result of a partnership between world renowned chef Sergio Herman (above in the picture) and Nick Bril.
The two worked together at three Michelin star restaurant Oud Sluis before they opened the restaurant in a former church in what is considered to be one of the most stunning restaurants of the world.
Just a week before the World’s Best 50 restaurants announces its top 50 restaurants, the list that has become an annual fixture for foodies around the world announced the restaurants in 51st to 100th place.
There were a few surprises in the list including 15 new restaurants.
Seven restaurants in the top 50 list have dropped positions. These are Chateaubriand from 21st to 74th place, Aqua from 33rd to 63rd place, Astrance from 36th place to 57th place, Mani from 41st to 51st place, Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee from 47 to 58th place and The French Laundry from 50th to 85th place.
Three Belgian restaurants feature in the 51st to 100th position. Hof van Cleve has gained a position from the previous year and is now in 53rd place. Peter Goossens restaurant is followed by The Jane in 54th position. Hertog Jan, the restaurant of Gert de Mangeleer and Joachim Boudens is in 73rd place.
A surprising element of the list is the lack of Italian restaurants in 51st to 100th position. There is only one Italian restaurant, Reale in Castel di Sangro in these places. On the other hand, France has eight restaurants. There is an Indian restaurant in the list as well as restaurants in Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Singapore and UAE.
The top 50 list will be announced in New York in a ceremony on 13 June.
Below you can find the list from 51st to 100th position.
- 51. Mani, San Paulo, Brazil
- 52. Per Se, New York, USA
- 53. Hof Van Cleve, Kruishoutem, Belgium
- 54. The Jane, Antwerp, Belgium
- 55. Nerua, Bilbao, Spain
- 56. Mikla, Istanbul, Turkey
- 57. L’Astrance, Paris, France
- 58. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee, Paris, France
- 59. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte-Oria, Spain
- 60. Hedone, London, UK
- 61. Maaemo, Oslo, Norway
- 62. La Grenouillere, La Madelaine sous Montreuil, France
- 63. Aqua, Wolfsburg, Germany
- 64. Lasai, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 65. Brae, Birregurra, Australia
- 65. Lyle’s, London, UK
- 67. The Restaurant at Meadowood, St Helena USA,
- 68. Tegui, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 69. Epicure, Paris, France
- 70. Burnt Ends, Singapore
- 71. Daniel, New York, USA
- 72. Pavillon Ledoyen, Paris, France
- 73. Herton Jan, Bruges, Belgium
- 74. Le Chateaubriand, Paris, France
- 75. Twins, Moscow, Russia
- 76. La Colombe, Cape Town, South Africa
- 77. Den, Tokyo, Japan
- 78. Belcanto, Lisbon, Portugal
- 79. Diverxo, Madrid, Spain
- 80. L’Atelier Saint-Germain de Joel Robucon, Paris, France
- 81. Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare, New York, USA
- 82. Hajime, Osaka, Japan
- 83. Manresa, Los Gatos, USA
- 84. Reale, Castel di Sangro, Italy
- 85. The French Laundry, Yountville, USA
- 86. 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong, China
- 87. Indian Accent, Delhi, India
- 88. Die Schwarzwaldstube, Baiersbroon, Germany
- 89. Zuma, Dubai, UAE
- 89. Benu, San Francisco, USA
- 91. St John, London, UK
- 92. Quintessence, Tokyo, Japan
- 93. Daniel Berlin, Skane Tranas, Sweden
- 94. Bras, Laguiole, France
- 95. L’Effervescence, Tokyo, Japan
- 96. Cosme, New York, USA
- 97. Momofuku KO, New York, USA
- 98. Quay, Sydney, Australia
- 99. La Petite Maison, Dubai, UAE
- 100. Chestnaya Kuhnya, Moscow, Russia