Flemish Food Bash is the name of a unique event taking place at the Belgian coast on 5 July. This event will bring together 40 chefs (20 Belgian and 20 international), 2 cheese aficionados, 8 pastry chefs, 20 bartenders, 2 baristas, 4 bakers, 4 butchers, 30 beers among others.
A non-profit event, the Flemish Food Bash is in its second edition. It is aimed to go beyond the ways of social media by enabling people to socialise, mingle around and network. It is aimed for foodies who want to meet people with a similar passion, talking about the things they love most, sharing ideas and styles.
The first edition took place in November at the Cafe D’Anvers.
Billed as the world’s best restaurant for a day, the lineup of chefs is one which should not be missed. Among others there will be Heinz Beck of the three Michelin star Rome restaurant La Pergola, Soenil Bahadoer of De Lindehof (2 Michelin stars The Netherlands), Sang-Hoon Degeimbre of L’ Air du Temps (2 Michelin stars Belgium) and Edwin Vinke of De Kromme Watergang (2 Michelin stars, The Netherlands).
The list of chefs announced to date are:
- Martin Zahumensky, Bouillabaisse (UK),
- Edwin Vinke, De Kromme, Watergang (Netherlands) **
- David Martin, Le Paix (Belgium) *
- Vincent Florizoone, Grand Cabaret (Belgium)
- Seppe Nobels, Graanmarkt13 (Belgium)
- Michael Yates, Carcasse (Belgium)
- Jan Tournier, Cuchara (Belgium) *
- Soenil Bahadoer, De Lindehof (Netherlands)
- Dario Puglia, Gist (Belgium)
- Tim Boury, Boury (Belgium) *
- Sang Hoon Degeimbre, L’ Air du Temps (Belgium) **
- Inunnguaq Hegelund, Hotel Artic (Greenland)
- Gonzalo Aramburu, Aramburu Restaurante (Argentina)
- Lee Westcott, Typing Room (UK)
- Kurt Schmidt, 99 Restaurant (Chile)
- Benjamin Peifer, Restaurant Urgestein (Germany) *
- Kobus Van Der Merwe, Oep Ve Koep, South Africa
- Leif Sorensen (Faroe Islands)
- Atsushi Tanaka, Restaurant A.T, France
- Cyril Molard, Ma Langue Sourit (Luxemboug) *
- Philip Rachinger, Muhltalhof (Austria)
- Heinz Beck, La Pergola (Italy) ***
- Clement Petitjean, La Grappe D’Or (Belgium) *
- Bruno Timperman, Bistro Bruut (Belgium)
- Luciano Monosilio, Pipero al Rex (Italy) *
- Dennis Broeckx, L’Epicerie du Cirque (Belgium) *
- Peter Coucquyt, Foodpairing (Belgium)
- Jonathon Stranger Ludivine (US)
- Mingoo Kang, Mingles (Korea)
- Loic Villeminm Toya, (France)
- Huibrecht Berends, Bun (Belgium)
- Neil Rankin, Smokehouse (UK)
- Luc Broutard, La Table du Boucher (Belgium)
Bartenders from Jiggers (Belgium), The Pharmacy (Belgium), Nightjar (UK), The Savoy (UK), Old Fashioned (Belgium), Sofie Ketels (Belgium), Dogma Cocktails (Belgium), The Parlour (Germany), Roman Milostivy (Russia), The Jane (Belgium), Little Red Door (France) and Gegam Kazarian (Spain) will also take part in the event.
So far, butcher Hendrik Dierendonck has also confirmed his attendance for the event.
Tickets are on sale for €30 and include entrance to the event on Sunday 5th July till Monday morning at 6am, a hanging spoon/fork of Flemish Food Bash as well as all the recipes of all the cocktails and food that you can taste or drink that day.
At the festival there will be 40 dishes from the 40 chefs taking part at €6 each, 30 beers of the world’s best breweries at €3 each as well as 20 cocktails at €6 each.
Tickets will not be on sale at the event so pre-booking is essential.