At least eight restaurants have dropped out of the World’s 50 Best list according to a preliminary list of restaurants from 51-100 of restaurants published by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list. These include classic restaurants who have graced the list for many years like Amber in Hong Kong, De Librije in the Netherlands, Vendome in Germany and Hof van Cleve in Belgium.
Other restaurants that have dropped places in the list include the Copenhagen restaurant Relae, Paris restaurant L’Astrance, Australian restaurant Brae and Argentinian restaurant Tegui.
Among the newcomers to the list is the new restaurant by Albert Adria Enigma, the restaurant of Kristian Baumann and René Redzepi 108 in Copenhagen, Atelier in Munich, Alo in Toronto, Leo in Bogota, L’Effervescence in Tokyo, SingleThread in Healdsburg, Nobelhjart & Schmutzig in Berlin, Le Coucou in New York, A casa do Porco in Sao Paulo, Elkano in Getaria, Don Julio in Buenos Aires and Suhring in Bangkok.
Two Belgian restaurants feature in the 51-100 list. These are Hof Van Cleve and The Jane in Antwerp.
The third Belgian restaurant, Hertog Jan which normally features in the list is not in the 51st to 100th position. Earlier this year, Gert de Mangeleer and Joachim Boudens said they would close the restaurant at the end of the year. Has it been dropped out of the list or will it make it to the Top 50 position?
Notable absences from the list are Ana Ros with Hisa Franko and Dominique Crenn of Atelier Crenn which placed 69th and 83rd respectively last year. Will they be in the top 50 when the list is announced next week or will they drop out of the list? Also missing in this part of the list is Clare Smyth of Core by Clare Smyth who was awarded the best female chef of the year for 2018. Only two female chefs feature in the 51-100 list.
Other notable absences from the list are restaurants from Italy and France. There is no Italian restaurant in the 51st to 100th position and only one French restaurant (L’Astrance) which fell from the top 50 list.
The whole list from 51 to 100 is the following:
- 51. De Librije, Zwolle, Netherlands
- 52. L’Astrance, Paris, France
- 53. Benu, San Francisco, USA
- 54. Suhring, Bangkok, Thailand
- 55. Don Julio, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 56. Amber, Hong Kong, China
- 57. Nerua, Bilbao, Spain
- 58. Brae, Birregurra, Australia
- 59. Florilege, Tokyo, Japan
- 60. Tegui, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 61. Burnt Ends, Singapore
- 62. Momofuku Ko, New York, USA
- 63. Hof Van Cleve, Kruishoutem, Belgium
- 64. Sud777, Mexico City, Mexico
- 65. Frantzen, Stockholm, Sweden
- 66. Vendome, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
- 67. Faviken, Jarpen, Sweden
- 68. Quique Dacosta, Denia, Spain
- 69. Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare, New York, USA
- 70. Selfie, Moscow, Russia
- 71. Relae, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 72. Twin Garden, Moscow, Russia
- 73. Aqua, Wolfsburg, Germany
- 74. The Fat Duck, Bray, UK
- 75. Belcanto, Lisbon, Portugal
- 76. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte-Ona, Spain
- 77. Elkano, Getaria, Spain
- 78. Mingles, Seoul, Korea
- 79. A Casa do Porco, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 80. Lung King Heen, Hong Kong, China
- 81. Per Se. New York, USA
- 82. Hedone, London, UK
- 83. Estela, New York, USA
- 84. St John, London, UK
- 85. Le Coucou, New York, USA
- 86. The French Laundry, Yountville, USA
- 87. Mani, Sao Paolo, Brazil
- 88. Nobelhart & Schmutzig, Berlin, Germany
- 89. The Jane, Antwerp, Belgium
- 90. Indian Accent, New Delhi, India
- 91. SingleThread, Healdsburg, USA
- 92. L’Effervescence, Tokyo, Japan
- 93. 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong, China
- 94. Alo, Toronto, Canada
- 95. Enigma, Barcelona, Spain
- 96. Diverxo, Madrid, Spain
- 97. Atelier, Munich, Germany
- 98. 108, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 99. Leo, Bogota, Colombia
- 100. Lasai, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil