The fourth edition of the Salon du Chocolat in Brussels will be held next weekend from 10 to 12 February. Having been successfully organised since 2014, the event promises to be a celebration of Belgian chocolate in all its forms.
This year, the event is being organised at Tour & Taxis in an area of 8,000 sqm. Over 130 participants, from chocolatiers, pastry chefs, confectioners, designers and cocoa experts will be taking part in this year;s edition.
Philippe Close, the deputy mayor of Brussels City Council responsible for Tourism, Finance and Personnel said “Brussels’ image is inextricably linked to chocolate; we have the best chocolatiers working in the most prestigious locations, real craftsmen who offer their delicious product in every shape and form, from the simple bar to the most sophisticated arrangements. Their know-how and traditions have been quite rightly institutionalised in a museum dedicated to cocoa and chocolate.”
This year’s theme is Cocoa – the heart of chocolate. It aims to highlight the latest news from Planet Cocoa and celebrate the creativity, pioneering spirit and capacity for innovation of the entire professional.
For the first time, the inaugural evening will be open for everyone. It will be possible to see your favourite presenters wearing chocolate dresses that have been designed by designers together with chocolatiers. Places are offered at a higher price than for the other days and the proceeds will go to Télévie, an organisation that was founded in 1989 to fund research in the fight against leukaemia and cancer in children and adults. In its 28-year existence, it has collected 162,540,832 € (10,141,650 € in 2016). This has been used to fund 2114 research projects and 2113 scientific projects.
Chocolatiers and designers have worked together on the theme of “Back to the future” to present a mouth-watering, avant-garde 2017 collection.
The Chocolatier & Designer Pairings for the 2017 Chocolate Fashion Show:
- Belvas & Marie-Catherine
- Le Hodey and Lauranne De Jaegher
- Benoît Nihant & Fabrice Bertrang
- Choco-Story & La Maison Buissonnière
- Chocolaterie Bruyerre & Mélissa Martin Ciudad
- Coco Donuts & Ophélie Kresay-Lamousse and Margaux Petassoux (Haute École Francisco Ferrer)
- Didier Smeets & Maxime Edward
- Institut Émile Gryzon & Gohar Gabrielyan
- Jean-Luc Decluzeau, Master Chocolatier for Leonidas & Cassandra Allaire (École Esmod)
- Jean-Luc Decluzeau, Master Chocolatier for Leonidas & Namiko Seto (École Esmod)
- Jean-Philippe Darcis & Lauranne De Jaegher
- Joost Arijs & Pauline Lecrenier (Haute École Francisco Ferrer)
- Laurent Gerbaud & Patou Saint Germain
- Leonidas Nadia Flecha Guazo (Chokolate) & Loïc Pasteels (Haute École Francisco Ferrer)
- Neuhaus & Edouard Vermeulen from Maison Natan
- Pralibel & Sabrina Badami (Haute École Libre Mosane)
- Sigoji & Lara Van Ootegem and Janina Cremer (Haute École Libre Mosane)
- Valentino & Débora Velasquez
A number of events will be organised during the three days. These include pastry shows by chefs like Christophe Hardiquest, Éric Fernez, Yannick Van Aeken, Nicolas Decloedt and Isabelle Arpin as well as Fabrice Collignon and Didier Smeets among others.
A debate about wine and chocolate will be chaired by Jean Galler with the particiaption of Boris Beaucarne, Patrick Bottcher and Muriel Lombaerts. Matthieu Chaumont of Hortense will speak about Cocktails and Chocolate while Laurent Gerbaud, Jean Hummler, Patrick Bottcher and Boris Beaucarne will discuss matching beer and chocolate.
Tour & Taxis – Sheds 3 et 4 Avenue du Port 86c
1000 – Brussels
From Friday, 10th February through Sunday, 12th February 2017
Open from 10:00am to 7:00pm on Friday and Saturday / from 10:00am to 6:00pm on Sunday
Gala Evening: Thursday, 9th February at 7:00pm – upon invitation and on pre-sale 30€
Online ticketing service http://brussels.salon-du-chocolat.com
Adult: €8,50 on Friday / 10 € on Saturday and Sunday Children from 3 to 12 years old: €5
Free to children under 3 years old
Senior (from 60 years old): €8,50
Student (student card to be shown) : €8,50
Family pack (2 adults + 2 children from 3 to 12 years old) : €25