HONG KONG: Le Comptoir’s 2-Michelin-Star contemporary French restaurant, ÉCRITURE, will host award-winning chef Vincent Thierry of CHEF’S TABLE, The Dome at Lebua for a special collaboration dinner on Monday, August 12.
Joining forces with Écriture’s own Maxime Gilbert, the two pioneering French chefs will present an exclusive 9-course joint menu featuring creative French cuisine available for one night only.
A native of the Loire Valley – known as the ‘Garden of France’ and renowned for its wine, goat’s cheese and fresh produce – Chef Vincent sums up his cooking ethos as “classic French cuisine with simplicity and unpretentiousness”. He chooses only the best, preferably organic products, following an 80/20 principle; 80% of the produce is sourced in Thailand, with the remaining 20% consisting of premium imported products that cannot be found locally.
Vincent honed his skills in Michelin-star kitchens across France before being selected by the celebrated Le Cinq Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, to open the renowned 3-Michelin-star Caprice at the Four Seasons Hong Kong.
Since opening Chef’s Table in early March 2019, located on the 61st floor of Lebua, it has been all the rage, earning high praise from gourmands for its innovative yet classic approach that pays homage to the rich history of traditional French cuisine.
Maxime Gilbert, executive chef of Écriture grew up in France and it was there that he nurtured his love for food and aspirations to one day become a chef. After various stages at restaurants in France and Scotland, his career flourished as he joined Michelin-star establishments early on. From 2013 until he started work on Écriture in September 2016, Maxime was Chef de Cuisine at 2-Michelin-star Amber restaurant at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong.
His vision of French cuisine comes to life at Écriture, where traditional techniques are integrated with exceptional ingredients from France and Japan, to evince simplicity, elegance and a natural sophistication that plays with power and lightness.
Located on the penthouse floor of Hong Kong’s cultural hotspot H Queen’s, Écriture elevates French cuisine to new heights by uniting it with exceptional Japanese produce to explore the endless possibilities that occur when Western craftsmanship meets Eastern philosophies. The restaurant takes its name from a series of paintings by Korean artist Park Seo-Bo – a work from which hangs in the private dining room, injecting a bold splash of red into a design scheme that celebrates the untold harmony found in contrasts and oppositions.
About Chef’s Table, The Dome at Lebua
Chef’s Table is the latest addition to the world-class culinary offerings at The Dome at Lebua – the world’s first vertical destination and the brainchild of Lebua Hotels & Resorts CEO, Mr. Deepak Ohri. It has an impressive collection of 11 world-class restaurants and bars, which also includes the iconic rooftop Sky Bar and Mezzaluna, one of only four 2-Michelin-star restaurants in Thailand.
At Chef’s Table, intimacy and drama are served along with exquisite cuisine as circular bay windows invite panoramic views of Bangkok’s skyline to flood in. Central to the space and concept, the actual chef’s table – a Molteni stove in cream and brass – glows warmly. The table is wrapped in a smooth crescent carved from Michelangelo’s favorite Carrara marble. The taupe, cream and champagne-bronze color palette makes for a stunning backdrop, but the real star of the show is the impeccable cuisine served up by Chef Vincent and his team.
From the journey to the restaurant, to the grand sense of welcome, every aspect of Chef’s Table is crafted with attention to detail; every elegant touch carefully executed for the enjoyment of diners.
In a magical, open-kitchen setting with double-volume ceilings, guests take in awe-inspiring views of the Chao Phraya River while having a full view of Chef Vincent and his highly skilled team at work. It is an intimate affair with only 20 tables and 46 covers, with guests being encouraged to engage with the activities going on in the centerpiece show kitchen. The jovial Chef Vincent also makes time to personally interact with each guest at their table.