The Willows Inn on Lummi Island, Washington, has been named the Opinionated About Dining (OAD) number one restaurant of the OAD Top 100+ North American Restaurants List.
This is the third consecutive year that Blaine Wetzel’s progressive restaurant has topped the rankings. The restaurant is known for showcasing local seasonal ingredients ‘fished, foraged, and farmed daily’.
Japanese-influenced restaurants have earned the number two and three spots with California’s Single Thread Farm maintaining its position for the second year running. Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare jumped five places into the number three spot.
Two important additions to this year’s Top 10 include Smyth, which has ended Alinea’s more than decade run as the top performing restaurant in the Chicago market, and José Andrés and Aitor Zabala’s West Hollywood restaurant, Somni, which by landing in the sixth slot has been named the Best New Restaurant in North America for 2019. Andrés’ Minibar grabbed the number eight slot, giving the philanthropic chef two spots in the Top 10.
Of this year’s list, OAD founder Steve Plotnicki points to the eight new restaurants which are debuting in the Top 50, commenting: “Fine dining in the U.S. appears to be alive and Plotnicki also highlights the strong showing by restaurants in the Los Angeles area, saying: “I hope this dispels the notion that fine dining can’t succeed in LA.”
The restaurants in the OAD Top 100+ North American Restaurants List top ten include:
- The Willows Inn, Washington
- Single Thread Farm, Healdsburg California
- Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare, Manhattan New York
- Saison, San Francisco
- Somni, West Hollywood
- Smyth, Chicago
- Minibar by Jose Andres, Washington DC
- Raymond’s Restaurant, St John, Newfoundland
- Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Pocantico Hills New York
- Alinea, Chicago
- Manresa, Los Gatos, California
- Atera, Manhattan, New York
- Sushi Amane, Manhattan, New York
- Atomix, New York
- Restaurant at Meadowood, St Helena, California
- Catbird Seat, Nashville, Tennessee
- Dialogue, Santa Monica, California
- Benu, San Francisco, California
- The Rogue Experience, West Hollywood, California
- Castagna, Portland, Oregan
The full list of the OAD’s top 100 is available here.
Each year, OAD shares lists of the top restaurants within various global regions, as voted for by the website’s knowledgeable reviewers. Based on reviews by over 6,000 voters, the list is the only global restaurant guide that considers a diner’s gastronomic background and restaurant reviewing experience, as well as the quality of restaurants they visit, when tabulating the results.