50 Kalo, a pizzeria by Ciro Salvo in London has remained at the top of the 50 Top Pizza Europe when the list was unveiled in an online event organised by Barbara Guerra, Albert Sapere and journalist Luciano Pignataro.
The event had to take place on 28 April in Milan but the event had to be cancelled because of the pandemic.
The list awards the best pizzeria in Europe outside of Italy.
Ciro Salvo, who made a name for himself with 50 Kalo in Naples, Italy thanked his team for their work which made this award possible. “I want to thank all the 30 members of staff who work in London who are really fulfilling our concept of a pizzeria that focuses on everything from the product to the service. We try to do better and better,” he said. He is the third generation of a family of master pizza makers in Italy.
Enopizzeria Via Toledo by Francesco Calo in Vienna placed second (a new entry), while Bijou in Partis by Gennaro Nasti placed third. Baest in Copenhagen and La Pizza e Bella in Brussels were listed fourth and fifth.
Bijou in Paris also won the Pizza of the Year for its pizza with tuna and onions.
For the second year running, London remains the capital of Europe with six pizzerias in the top 50 including the winner followed by Paris with 5 pizzerias in the list.
Belgium has three pizzerias in the list. These include La Pizza e Bella which placed 5th, La Piola which placed 30th and was also awarded the best takeaway service of 2020 and De Superette, a concept created by Belgian chef Kobe Desramaults in the city of Gent.
- 50 Kalo by Ciro Salvo, London
- Enopizzeria Via Toledo by Francesco Calo, Vienna – Best pizzeria in Austria
- Bijou by Gennaro Nasti, Paris – Best Pizzeria in France
- Baest, Copenhagen – Best Pizzeria in Denmark and winner of the Innovation and Sustainability award
- La Pizza e Bella, Brussels – Best Pizzeria in Belgium
- Malafemmena, Berlin – Best Pizzeria in Germany
- Lila Napoli, Falkenberg – Best Pizzeria in Sweden
- NNea Pizza, Amsterdam – Best Pizzeria in the Netherlands
- Pizzeria Luca, Copenhagen
- Fratelli Figurato, Madrid – Best Pizzeria in Spain
- KyTaly, Genève – Best Pizzeria in Switzerland
- La Bottega Siciliana, Moscow
- L’Antica Pizzeria, London
- Daroco Bourse, Paris
- Pizzeria Luca, Helsinki – Best Pizzeria in Finland
- Cirillo’s, Dublin – Best Pizzeria in Ireland
- 60 Secondi Pizza Napoletana, Munich
- Oi Vita Pizzeria, London
- Faggio, Paris
- Vinotekey, Oslo, Best Pizzeria in Norway
- The Dough Beos O’Connells, Galway
- Il Forno d’Oro, Lisbon
- ‘O Ver St. Jame’s, London
- Araldo Arte del Gusto, Madrid
- Vicoli di Napoli, London
- Guillaume Grasso La Vera Pizza Napoletana, Paris
- Dalmatia, Paris
- MadreLievito, Barcelona
- Peppe Pizzeria, Paris – New Entry of the year 2020
- La Piola Pizza, Brussels – Best Take away Service 2020
- Acqua e Farina, Lugano
- La Balmesina, Barcelona
- Double Zero Neapolitan Pizza, Manchester
- Positano, Kiev – Best Pizzeria in Ukraine
- Sodo Pizza – London
- Oro di Napoli, Santa Cruz in Tenerife.
- Paesano Pizza, Glasgow – Best Pizzeria in Scotland
- 450C, Turku
- Naples Authentican Neapolitan Pizza, Furth, Germany
- Pizza Nuova, Prague – Best Pizzeria in Czech Republic
- 450 Gradi, Lidingo, Sweden
- De Superette, Belgium
- Scrocchiarella, Moscow
- Belli di Mamma, Budapest
- Majstor I Margarita, Belgrade – Best Pizzeria in Serbia
- Pizza 22 cm, Moscow
- Animaletto Pizza Bar, Bucharest – Best Pizzeria in Romania
- Nonna Pizzeria, Warsaw – Best Pizzeria in Poland
- Ave Pizza, Warsaw
- Kaja Pizza Kook, Tallin
Earlier in the week, 50 Top Pizza also awarded the best 10 artisanal pizza chains in Europe. These are Berbère, Big Mamma, Da Michele, Da Zero, Fra Diavolo, Grosso Napoletano, Luigia, Pizza Pilgrims, Sapere, Sorbillo.
The Italian list will be announced later this month.